Integrated Marketing Communications
- From MMC Learning’s information on IMC, I found an additional way of thinking about integrated marketing communications, that it is a simple concept that ensures that all forms of communications and messages work together in harmony (2015).
- One of the most important parts of IMC is that it builds on strategic planning and branding; one of the golden rules of IMC is to “build relationships and brand values (MMC Learning, 2015).”
- Additionally, one should identify different marketing communications to use in an IMC, some of which include (Meyer, 2016):
- Content marketing – making content available through online blogging and dynamic website content
- Advertising – pay-per-click ads, social media marketing, and a variety of other channels
- Sales promotions – incentives like bonus offers, special discounts, trial offers, and other limited-time promotions
- Social media – developing brand awareness and generating website traffic
- Coca Cola is an example of a company that has had a successful IMC approach, setting a standard that offers a point of reference (Stringer, 2015).
- Coca Cola has had record-setting sales and revenues, brand visibility and recognition and positioning on the global market.
- Coca Cola products are consumed world-wide as a direct result of retail and in-store marketing efforts.
Busby, Roy. (2017) What is integrated marketing communications? [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from Course Content on BlackBoard website: https://learn.unt.edu/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_98426_1&content_id=_4148088_1
MMC Learning. (2015). Integrated marketing communications. Retrieved from http://multimediamarketing.com/mkc/marketingcommunications/
Meyer, Elise Flynn. (20 February 2016). 4 steps to developing an integrated marketing communications strategy. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/4-steps-developing-integrated-marketing-strategy-elyse-flynn-meyer
Stringer, Gregory. (11 March 2015). Case Study: Coca cola integrated marketing communications. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/case-study-coca-cola-integrated-marketing-gregory-stringer